Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What the blog?


https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209979477738767587134.0004cc47af757005f9bb2&msa=0&ll=28.81941,-113.745575&spn=0.978188,1.234589

The map I made is about the little town of Bahia de los Angeles on the eastern coast of the Baha Peninsula. The Gulf of California touches the shore of this small place. I chose Bahia because it is the spot where my dad, brother, and I visit to go deep sea fishing. That trip is a long journey, we always drive down from So Cal but it is worth it.

I am not exactly new to the concept of neogeography, just the word. Apparently I have been using it from the first time I planned out a route on Google Maps. Neogeo is extremely useful. This mapping project that I just completed would have take a much longer time if I did not have a tool like Google. Drawing out something like this requires skills that I do not posses. Neogeo allows me to do things that were impossible before. The world is literally at my fingertips and all I have to do to visit is type in where I want to go and I'm there.

Although neogeo has plenty of benefits, there are some shortcomings that cannot be overlooked. While I was trying to complete this map, I had a difficult time figuring out how to use some of the functions. Trying to draw an accurate route on that map was basically impossible. This program needs to be a bit more user friendly in order to improve. I feel that I was limited by some of the functions and I could not do everything that I wanted to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment